Venture Initiative for the Balkan Europe (VIBE) addresses the challenge of developing the innovation and entrepreneurship system across the SEE by enabling private investment into innovative entrepreneurial companies in partnership with smart public initiatives and investment. The project led by SPIRIT, Slovenia is financed through the EU SEE Transnational Cooperation Programme and Innovation Fund is one of 20 partners from 12 countries. On January 1st, 2013 the VIBE was officially launched.
Main activities include:
- Mapping existing actors, activities and needs for coaching, financing and supporting innovative companies
- Coaching companies throughout the SEE region to fast-track investment and growth readiness of selected showcase companies in various industry sectors through a combination of peer group seminars/webinars, assignments and expert and peer group feedback
- Fostering financing networks by involving business angels, regional funds, corporate investors, banks, venture fund investors
- Discussing, defining and testing pragmatic new potential investment incentives support actions by public support agencies especially at the cross-border (co-) investment level
- Joining forces with the organizers of the highly successful bi-annual Balkan Venture Forum (BkVF): Europe Unlimited and Balkan Unlimited.